The Community Resilience Co-lab is one of the projects convened by UCI Community Resilience Projects.
The Community Resilience Co-Lab aims to build a stronger campus community response to the enduring and intersecting crises of environmental, racial, and social injustice. The Co-lab brings together UCI graduate and undergraduate students, faculty, and staff from across disciplines and departments to co-generate critical and collaborative shared space. We use the Co-lab to experiment with deepening connection, skills, and critical analysis related to these issues in ways that embody the values underlying the world we seek to create.
The 2019 Co-lab aims to generate:
- A brave, collaborative space for campus organizers, faculty, graduate students and undergraduates who aim to create fertile ground for communal care, resilience, and liberation;
- Deepened and strengthened intellectual and community relationships;
- Increased shared analysis of the intersections among environmental, racial, and social injustice;
- An agile network to withstand and work with related challenges that arise here on campus; and
- Increased familiarity with concrete skills, tools, methods, and knowledge to liberate and support Co-lab participants’ commitment to communities and social justice.