Community Resilience Co-lab
The Community Resilience Co-lab was a project incubated by UCI Community Resilience Projects. The UCI Sustainability Resource Center now supports students to lead this work through an Environmental Justice Collective.
The Community Resilience Co-Lab aimed to build a stronger campus community response to the enduring and intersecting crises of environmental, racial, and social injustice. The Co-lab brought together UCI graduate and undergraduate students, faculty, and staff from across disciplines and departments to co-generate critical and collaborative shared space. From 2017-19, we used the Co-lab to experiment with deepening connection, skills, and critical analysis related to these issues in ways that embody the values underlying the world we seek to create. A rotating planning team comprised of student leaders convened the 2019 Co-lab, and in 2020, student leadership at the Sustainability Resource Center continued the co-lab’s efforts through an Environmental Justice Collective.
The Co-lab aimed to generate:
- A safe, collaborative space for campus organizers, faculty, graduate students and undergraduates who aim to create fertile ground for communal care, resilience, and liberation;
- Deepened and strengthened intellectual and community relationships;
- Increased shared analysis of the intersections among environmental, racial, and social injustice;
- An agile network to withstand and work with related challenges that arise here on campus; and
- Increased familiarity with concrete skills, tools, methods, and knowledge to liberate and support Co-lab participants’ commitment to communities and social justice.
Undergraduate, graduate and professional school students are welcome to participate in the Environmental Justice Collective through the UCI Sustainability Resource Center. Please email email@example.com to express your interest to get involved.
What’s Happening Now
Summer 2020 – Fall 2021 Events
Summer 2020 – Fall 2021 Events Click to download PDF Check out Community Resilience events during Summer 2020 through Fall 2021 [...]